“Unable to access the site” just such an error may suddenly appear on the screen of a personal computer while accessing your favorite sites. What is the reason and how to quickly solve this problem? We will figure out how to check your Proxy Settings.
About proxy access problems
The lack of access to the site is actually a very common mistake, it occurs both for physical reasons (hardware problem) and as a result of software errors. Consider the ones that are most common:
- There is no response from the server on which the site you need is located
- Having problems with DNS settings
- Access blocked by firewall
- Error connecting to the proxy server
- Attack on the hosts’ file
- Blocking access by the provider
How to solve the problem of your proxy
First of all, we check the operability of the network equipment, reboot the router, look at the connection of the network cable. The next step is to check the proxy and firewall settings, it is they in the overwhelming majority of cases that cause this error, especially if users use free proxies. Let’s take a step-by-step look at how to do this in popular versions of Windows.
If you use additional parameters of the proxy network to access the Internet, you should check them.
1. Go to the “Start” – “Settings” menu. This can be done by pressing the WIN key or by clicking with the mice in the lower-left corner on the corresponding menu button.
In the “Settings” window, look for the “Network and Internet” section, where you need to check
In the list on the left, click on the “Proxy” button and disable manual proxy settings in its window. Sometimes, to solve the problem, you will need to disable all proxy network settings
As for checking the firewall, the procedure looks like this.
1. In the search bar, drive in the query “firewall” and launch the application control panel
In the application window on the left, click on the link “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off”
Disable firewall protection for the private and public network settings, and then check access to the desired page.
Windows 7, Windows 8
This method of checking proxy parameters is suitable for seventh and eighth versions, and even as an alternative method for Windows 10. It looks like this.
1. In the Windows search query, drive the query “Internet Options” and launch the “Internet Options” control panel
In the “Internet Options” window, we need the “Connections” tab in which, at the bottom of the screen, we click on the “LAN Settings” button
An additional window “Configuring local network settings” will open in front of us, where we uncheck all the checkboxes opposite the automatic settings and proxy settings. The next step is to click “OK” to make the settings take effect. Check access to the site with an error. Sometimes a reboot is required.
Check the firewall in the way described above for Windows 10, it is similar for the seventh, eighth, and tenth versions of the operating system.
Proxifier to help
There are cases when it is not possible to check proxy settings by standard methods. At such moments it is worth resorting to third-party software. Proxifier is considered one of the best applications in its segment.
Proxifier is a program that allows you to easily configure a proxy server without system changes to the operating system. Check if there is an error connecting to the proxy server in your equipment or you are using a low-quality proxy.
1. Download and install the Proxifier application. By the way, this is the best option for testing, because the first month of using the program is free.
2. Launch the application. In the horizontal menu go to “Profile / Profile”, wherefrom the drop-down menu and select the “Proxy servers”.
A window for adding proxy servers will open in front of us. Click “Add”
Fill in the required fields. In this case, the address, port, protocol, and also check the box to enable authentication. And we save the settings.
The program will automatically check and, if it detects an error in connecting to the proxy server, it will display a message about it.
Remember, for stable and reliable robots, you need high-quality proxy servers, which are exactly what we offer in our Proxy-Seller. Personal proxies, search by GEO, many countries, search by goals and convenient rental lines, all this offers its clients Proxy-Seller. We also have an affiliate program, the benefits of which you will like.