School blocks prevent certain sites from opening in the browser. The software used blocks not only malicious resources – quite “white” ones are blocked too, with a lot of useful information. Installed site filtering is bypassed by using proxy servers. Users with any level of technical training will be able to cope with the task and bypass the filters at the school.
To bypass school blocking you will need:
- A school computer connected to the Internet;
- Proxy server;
- Two minutes of free time.
The task is to configure the connection through a proxy. System settings are usually blocked, so before you begin the configuration, first install the Mozilla Firefox browser. It provides for individual proxy settings that are independent of system parameters.
How to get around the school filter with a proxy
To bypass the school block, follow the instructions:
- Download and install Firefox;
- Open the browser menu, select “Options”;
- On the “General” tab, go down to the bottom to the “Network Settings” section.
- Click “Settings…” and proceed to enter the settings.
- Click on the item “Manual proxy configuration”.
- Enter the IP address of the server you are using and the port. Buy mobile proxy in PC Lab Proxies.
- Put a mark for the “Also use this proxy for FTP and HTTPS” box.
- Save and apply the settings by pressing the “OK” button.
If you skip the checkmark, browsing sites with a secure connection via SSL is not possible. An alternative is to specify the address and port in the “SSL proxy” line.
After saving the settings, you can start surfing. The computer traffic will go through the proxy, the proxy traffic will go through the opened site. The response will arrive on the same channel using an intermediate server. Please note that if the school installs advanced software on the school computer, you will not be able to bypass the restrictions. In this case, you can use any anonymizer if it is not blocked.